case study 2
Pan London Wireless Concession
Regional Network Solutions were engaged by the London Borough of Camden to develop and implement a strategy in which 12 London Boroughs would play an enabling role in supporting the delivery of a metro wireless network by offering access to their street furniture under a service concession agreement.
- Due Diligence: provided guidance on asset availability, financial modelling and State Aid
- Preparation of Tender Documentation provided Technical and Commercial Expertise as well assisting in drafting documentation for internal approval.
- Led and supported three stages of Competitive Dialogue.
- Contributed to Final Tender Evaluation
- Legal and Commercial Negotiations
- Delivered a wireless network at no cost to the respective Councils but purely through private investment
- Delivered a co-ordinated and sustainable approach to realising a Borough wireless network
- Delivered a long term and guaranteed revenue stream for respective councils
- Promoted and enhanced the resident, business and visitor experience in each Boroughs
- Created a platform to address digital inclusion enhanced by the availability of free wifi access
- Provided the opportunity for councils to utilise this digital platform as part of their channel shift strategy